Counselling centre for foreigners and refugees
What is our mission
To provide professional and free of charge counselling services to foreigners and refugees, regardless of their race, nationality, social group, political belief, and religion, and thus prevent their social exclusion and help them integrate into society.
What are our goals
- By providing social and legal counselling we want to increase the awareness of foreigners (especially in the following areas: residence in the Czech Republic, employment, housing, social system, education, health care and insurance, business) and to strengthen the sociocultural orientation of foreigners in the Czech environment (in particular assistance in dealing with authorities, mediation of contacts with other services and facilities).
- Provide contact informations of available related services (providing material assistance, integration, educational activities and courses, equipment for integration flats), Charity services in the Czech Republic and other institutions (Foreigners Police, Department of Asylum and Migration Policy, regional authorities, municipalities, NGOs, etc.) and develop cooperation with these institutions.
Who can we help
Foreigners and refugees who find themselves in a vulnerable social situation or are at risk of having a particular social situation, particularly because of their residence status, language barrier, cultural differences or ignorance of their rights and duties.
In which situations do we help
- Insufficient knowledge of your rights and obligations and the resulting endangering of your stay in the Czech Republic
- Dependence on an intermediary that may restrict your self-sufficiency and freedom of decision
- Insufficient knowledge of the Czech language which may leads to difficulties with employment, dependence on an intermediary, dependence on social welfare, etc.
- The risk of social exclusion, which may be the consequence of race, nationality, religion, residence status, or ignorance of socio-cultural standards
- Isolation of foreigners leading to frustration, psychological problems and inability to integrate into society
What are our principles
FREE OF CHARGE, DISCRETION, INDEPENDENCE, IMPARTIALITY
Where to find us
- ADDRESS: Šafaříkova street 666/9 (YMCA building – 3th floor), 500 02 Hradec Králové
- PHONE: +420 492 604 940, E-MAIL: email@example.com, WEB: http://hk.caritas.cz/
- ENGLISH: +420 731 402 301, +420 731 402 303, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Counselling is provided
Ambulant form at the address of organization Field form
Monday: 9:00 – 12:00 am 1:00 - 6:00 pm 9:00 – 12:00 am 1:00 - 4:00 pm
Tuesday: 9:00 – 12:00 am 1:00 - 4:00 pm
Wednesday: 9:00 – 12:00 am 1:00 - 6:00 pm 9:00 – 12:00 am 1:00 - 4:00 pm
It is possible to arrange a term of meeting out of official opening hours by previous individual agreement.
CONTACT ONLY BY PHONE OR E-MAIL:
EMERGENCY - INFORMATION
NEW RESTRICTIONS VALID FROM OCTOBER 22nd FROM 6 AM
- From today, only trips to work, to family, shopping, to the doctor, to nature are allowed.
- A maximum of 2 people with a face mask can move outside together, with the exception of household members.
- Shops except groceries, drugstores and other necessary exceptions are closed.
- The operation of public authorities and administrative authority is also limited.
- Hands (hands washing)
- Face mask (wearing the face mask
- Distance (keep the distance minimum of 2 meters)
More information here.
NEW RESTRICTIONS VALID FROM OCTOBER 21st 2020
To all persons, valid from 21 October 2020, from 0:00 p.m. until the revocation of this emergency, prohibits movement and residence without respiratory protective equipment (nose, mouth) such as a respirator, face mask, mouthpiece, scarf, shawl or other means that prevent droplet spreading, namely:
- in all interiors of buildings, away from residence or place of accommodation(e.g. hotel room),
- in means of public transport,
- on the platform, in the shelter and waiting room of public transport,
- in motor vehicles, unless there are only one household members,
- at all other publicly accessible places in the built - up outdoor area of the municipality, where at least 2 persons occur at the same place and at the same timeless than 2 meters apart, unless they are exclusively household members.
New restrictions valid from Wednesday 14. 10. 2020
- All schools with the exception of kindergartens will switch to distance learning. Schools should reopen on 2.11.2020
- Until 3.11.2020 outdoor and indoor gatherings can only be limited to six people
- Until 3.11.2020 it is forbidden to drink alcohol in public
- Until 3.11.2020 all restaurants, pubs and bars are closed. Takeaway windows can only operate until 20:00. Restaurants may still operate on a delivery basis.
- A requirement to wear a face mask in all interiors and public transport is still valid and the requirement is now extended to all public transport stations and waiting rooms
- A maximum of two people may enter shops and shopping centers (with the exception of children under 15 years old accompanied y an adult)
- Up-to-date overview of available information and services for foreigners at the time of coronavirus
- Coronavirus - State of emergency - Information for foreign nationals
- COVID-19 epidemic in the Czech Republic
- Act on the Residence of Foreign Nationals in the Czech Republic
- Information for foreigners on website of Ministry of Interior of Czech Republic
Contacts on other counselling centres or services
Projects for help to foreigners and refugees are cofinancing by